5/6/09

HALLOWS FAMILY


HALLOWS FAMILY
ESTABLISHED 04.20.1984

bret & lisa

My mom and dad just celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary. We are so blessed to have them as parents. Jarem, Ari, Dallyn, Reed, and I lOVE them so much and are so grateful for what they've done for us. Jarem worked hard to get in contact with a lot of our mom & dad's close friends from their childhood in Texas, early married life in 16th ward, and our old friends from the 5th ward. Each friend wrote a letter of memories for our parents and then I compiled a book, complete with pictures. A BIG thanks to Auntie Mignon for her HUGE submisison and all others who contributed. Jarem and I presented it to them after Lucy's blessing.... needless to say they cried tears of JOY.

Lessons I've learned from DAD:
  • How to mow a lawn with straight lines.
  • Listen to the Holy Ghost and then never doubt the promptings you received.
  • How to rake "poop" ... pellots left over from aerating lawns.
  • Never give less than your best.
  • Hard work.
  • Patience.
Lessons I've learned from MOM:
  • How to sew.
  • Integrity.
  • Service.
  • How to swear. Just kidding mom.
  • Forgiveness.
  • How to sing the alto line. Changed my life because i sure can't sing soprano.




No comments:

Post a Comment