5/16/09

Bees!

The other day Brian told me a hilarious story. It went like this... "I was in the bedroom drying off from my shower, naked. I had the window cracked and out of the corner of my eye I saw 3 bees fly in through the crack. I promise to death they were coming for me! So i ran into the closet and slammed the door behind me!
(Yes, my husband admits to being a
pansy.)
After about
5 minutes of hiding, I cracked the door of the closet to see what the
bees were doing. I saw all 3 fly out the window in
single file."


So Brian continued to tell me that these were NO ordinary bees ... he is convinced that they were a team of scout bees. They were after him. The above picture is basically what he described & so I thought he was losing his mind .... until today.


I pictured the bees looking like this picture above...

Today the team of scout bees sent the reinforcements. While i was at work Brian was at home fighting for his life against GIANT bumblebees. When I came home from work I felt as if I had walked onto the set of CSI Miami.



Brian had marked the dead bodies as if it were a crime scene...

After walking through the crime scene Brian and I were in our bedroom and he was explaining to me what had happened.... then we heard a buuuUUUzzzZZZZZ! We both freaked out and ran out of the room, slamming the door behind us. We were sure the bees had called for more backup, but when we opened the door it was actually a wasp. We closed the door again and Brian told me how he had killed the other 2. This was the plan: I would grab the hairspray to stun the wasp, while Brian got the giant cardboard box that he had used on the bees.

This was the wasp we trapped... you can't really see it, but he was a BIG sucker!

Apparently B wasn't crazy... those bees were scout bees!
Let's hope they
never come back.

9 comments:

  1. HAHAHA Lau that's the funniest story ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lauren...we just had a bee problem as well...yikes. They are after us hallows! We must be extra sweet.

    see my blog for bee story posted the same day as yours. Great minds think alike...or atleast have the same issues.
    hope to see you at the reunion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is probably one of the most funny stories I've ever heard. Hopefully you got all the scout bees...if not they might have friends come seek revenge. Carfee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty good story! Love how he made crime scenes!! hey email me your address and I can add you to my private blog, that is if you want to ;) clarkandkelsey@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. funny! reminds me of that scene in tommy boy. "killer bees! they're everywhere! save yourself!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha allison... so true. see you THIS weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had no idea Brian was that scared of bees! That was a pretty good crime scene. If Taft were here, he'd totally say Brian should go into Special Forces with the tactics he had to get those bees!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's hilarious! Glad Brian didn't do what he does in his wolf dreams and just let the bees eat him to put him out of his misery! I'm excited to see you Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah there is nothing worse than those dang scout bees. I hate those type more than any other. Brian is a courageous man.

    ReplyDelete