2/17/11

Uncle Lane

On January 5th my uncle passed away. He was an incredible man. He lived such a humble life and was loved by everyone. I was really troubled by his death because of the way he died, it is the first time I've lost someone so close to me, the thought of his family without him ... but all in all I've definitely relied on my testimony of the Plan of Salvation and felt great comfort in that.

(I cannot create a link .. so you can view the news articcle my copy/pasting this address - http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_southeast_valley/mesa/mesa-man-dies-in-freak-accident)

He turns 62 tomorrow. Lane was so full of life. He was hilarious and always made the goofiest faces, cracked the silliest jokes, teased me ... was a ton of fun! He made an effort to come visit my family at least once a week all growing up. We loved Lane and were extremely close to him. My cousins are more like brothers and sisters to me! We have the best relationship.

I had the opportunity to go "home home" (Arizona) for his funeral. You know what is great about the Gospel? The fact that we know we are going to be with Lane again and that he is SO happy where he is at now. Knowing this made the weekend more of a celebration than a sad occasion. We celebrated his life. Ate at his favorite restaurant. Did a temple session in his honor. Laughed and told fun stories. Had family meals like old times. It was great! His funeral is beautiful. The stories shared were so fun. The spirit was so strong.

I have missed my cousins so much and it was SO fun to see them. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Hallows cousins!

(Allison I stole your collage!)

2 comments:

  1. such a sweet tribute :) i wish i could have known lane as much and as long as you all did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love you lulu!!!!!!!!! you said it girl so good to see all the fam and cant wait to reunite with my daddy! XOXOXOOXOXO

    ReplyDelete