5/12/10

Crib Bedding


I am going to attempt to make some crib bedding. I am truly scared to death, but very excited to try. I vow to take it slow and be patient and not expect perfection. I found some really cute fabrics that I want to use ... here they are. (sorry for the poor quality of picture)



Ok so the pattern on the right ... not sure what to call it ... is what I am going to make the bumper out of. I bought thick army green ribbon to make the ties with.

The pok-a-dots will be used on the bottom of the crib skirt. I need to decide what fabric to make the crib skirt out of -- just a plain color (tan, light blue, off white) for the skirt and then I'll put the pok-a-dots on the bottom two inches or something.



Then these two fabrics along with the pok-a-dot fabric will be used for pillows and other things to accessorize the room. Gotta go easy on the floral print one so that I don't get to girly in my little man's room.

I found a tutorial to show me how to do all this .. then called my mama for further advice. She is an EXCELLENT seamstress! Now I'm asking for anyone who is reading this to share your thoughts, encouragement, experience, ideas, etc. Decorating is not my forte, but I'm excited to get going on this nursery.

8 comments:

  1. Remember when we used to take sewing class? I made some pretty nasty pants one time. They were black with orange flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're going to do awesome! That's a great project to start with. It'll be easier than you think. I made Parker's bedding and it wasn't too bad. Love the fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you decided what the color of your walls are going to be or are you going to stick to white? Decorating my little guys room was the most fun thing ever! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I support you to choose right paint for your baby's room walls, doors, cloths and bed sheets color....... Make your baby happy to choose right thing:)




    nursery bedding

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun!! Good Luck!! They will look great. I love being able to keep up on what is going on with you!! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lauren! Congrats on being prego! It looks like our due dates are only a few weeks apart!! Mine is on the 4th of July. I made my own bedding too (with a lot of help from my mom!) and it turned out great! If i can do it so can you! And plus it is so nice to have bedding that you love instead of compromising on a bedding set that you only sorta like...and its cheaper!

    P.S. i love your post about Dr. Pepper...I have the same issues except with diet coke! I quit like every other day but I love it too much!

    ReplyDelete