5/14/10

Addicted

Yesterday I became pretty concerned about my baby because I hadn't felt him moving hardly at all. I told Brian that this definitely wasn't normal and that if I didn't feel him moving today then we needed to make some calls and figure out what was going on. So this morning I got up and had breakfast and still wasn't feeling my little guy doing karate or even moving around just a little. So I decided that I would call my mom on her lunch break and get her advice.

Well I had to call her earlier than her lunch break for something else and went ahead and asked her what she thought. She said I should definitely call my Utah doctor just to see what they said. I did -- they said to go to my local hospital and be monitored just to be safe. So I called the local hospital and they said to drink a caffeinated drink and lay down on my left side and monitor the baby's movements. If his movements were less than normal then I should come in and be monitored.

So I followed their advice.

On Tuesday I swore off Dr. Pepper. I have been doing great the last 2 days ... haha! So I gladly welcomed this nurses advice. "I guess I HAVE to drink the Dr. Pepper ... the doctor told me to."

Well, B headed to Wag-a-Bag (nice name eh?) and got me a 32 ounce D P. I drank that baby dry and within about a half an hour my baby started doing karate moves once again. All it took was a little Dr. Pepper to wake him up. I feel much better now that I can feel him again, but a little guilty... my son is an addict already!

5 comments:

  1. That is AWESOME!! DP is the ONLY way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha wow. it definitely runs in the family. You, me, and cam all have problems with it :) but im glad to see little b has joined the soda bandwagon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yeah and i can't forget ma. she is the one who started all of us on the soda diet :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! So glad you found my blog. I miss you and I love reading your blog and catching up! Texas....that is so great. What a fun adventure. You are going to be such a wonderful and fun mom. I can't wait to see pictures of that little one when he comes. Miss you and love you and I am glad to see all it well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah... the DP... So glad that worked... One thing I have learned is to NEVER brush aside a motherly instinct like that. Better to check it out and feel silly than have a problem, right? :) Do you have any prego pics? I miss not seeing the progression! You are such a cute little Mama!

    ReplyDelete