10/6/10

Not my typical post

No need to make comments on this post. I just have felt guilty for my bad attitude lately, well the last few years, and needed to get some things off my chest.

I was reading someone's blog tonight that told a heartbreaking story of a family that has REAL needs. I sobbed. I felt so selfish for my complaining, my stupid tendency to pick fights with my husband, to take offense at dumb things, to be annoyed that I have to attend mutual on Wednesdays and teach on Sundays, for holding grudges rather than forgiving, and the list goes on.

The last few months I've been trying to refocus my life - rededicate myself to all things good.

I have been slowly trying to help our family hold Family Home Evening.
I TRY to remember to read scriptures at night with Brian.
I started attending a mission prep class a couple months ago -- got lazy last week and skipped & thought about not going back for the rest of the classes -- but decided I am NOT going to let myself be a quitter on this one.
I had a really bad attitude about being called back into Young Womens, but I'm working on that.
I am starting the personal progress program and dreading it, but I am a believer in not telling people to do things that I wouldn't do myself. SO I am going to work on personal progress as I encourage my laurels to do the same.
I am going to let go of grudges that way me down. (If I can succeed at this my marriage might reach perfection! HA!)

These are the things that are on my mind and for some reason I felt the need to honest to the world - so I blogged about it.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Laur. This is just real. I think everyone has some evaluating to do:) I am with the young ladies as well, I guess they like the young ones!

    ReplyDelete