4/6/10

The Move


Well on May 3rd my boys and I are moving to Austin, Texas.


Brian accepted a job from Black & Decker several months ago and was told that he would be told his location much closer to his graduation date. Well, here we are, two weeks away from graduation and we now know we are soon going to be proud citizens of Texas.We hear from MANY people that it is such a wonderful place to live.

I am experiencing a wave of emotions.
1. I am SO excited to be starting this adventure with Brian!
2. I am realizing that I am scared to death to not be surrounded by our family.
3. We've just started to really make some good friends in our ward and so it's hard to think of starting all over with that.
4. I am SO excited to think about becoming a mom this summer and the opportunity I will have to be at home with my son ... but I am a girl that has always overloaded myself with work, school, extracurricular activities, and friends. I am scared to death to be at home all day. I know the value of having a mom stay at home with her children -- my mom did this when I was young and I couldn't have imagined it being any better. I'm just not sure how good I will be at "staying at home".
5. Stress! Trying to complete my senior capstone, other papers, moving logistics, the growing thing inside me :), etc. is stressing me out!

Anyways, I thought it was time to make the announcement.

5 comments:

  1. oh wow! your going to love it. i was scared too. i have worked three jobs at a time gone to school while working.....like just always busy like you. anyway you get the point. i thought it would be hard to stay home and i was anxious to get a job, however with being so sick i waited it out. NOW i love being home and i think you will too. its been tough being away from family but when you go back home it will be so lovely! have so much fun on your new adventure. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting!! We lived in San Antonio last summer and I really liked it! I heard Austin is the coolest city and super fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats!! Texas is an awesome places to live.
    Don't worry about freaking out about being a stay at home mom. I also had overloaded myself with everything and didn't know how I was going to handle being home all day. Its amazing how easy the transition was. God really does perform miracles when you have that little one and you will instantly kick into mommy mode. You'll be surprise how much time they actually take though..haha. You will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!I'm sad that you guys are going but I'm also way jealous! I think you will do great at home. You just have to find things to do (like planting a garden!) Anyways I love ya sis and I know you will do awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure you'll figure out the "staying at home thing" in no time. Just find some kind of project or talent you've always wanted to learn and start doing it. That's the main reason I started quilting. And before you know it, your little guy is going to be taking up all your time anyway. Good luck on moving and congrats on graduating!

    ReplyDelete