7/24/10

Mimi's Visit

My mom has been here for the last week and half and I HAVE LOVED HAVING HER HERE!! That woman worked non stop to take care of my little family. She cooked, cleaned, grocery shopped, babysat, bathed Beckham, taught me about my new little peanut, rubbed my back, gave me a pedicure, ran my errands, listened to me cry, sewed Beckham's crib bedding, and much, much more.



My mom worked all week fixing my mess of a bumper and making the bedskirt fit the bizarre crib bottom. It turned out wonderfully!! We are going to add something to the ribbon that attaches the bumper to the crib, but not sure what yet..



Me & Beckham relaxing while Mimi scrubbed my calloused feet! Gooooo! Thanks mom!



My not Vietnamese nail tech.



















We were hunting for a BBQ store she found online and were terrified for our lives because of the roads mapquest told us to take...



Mom helped us master the art of getting Beckham to sleep in his crib. He refuses to sleep flat on his back ... so mimi had the brilliant idea to wedge dish towels behind his back and stomach to keep him on his side. He is a happy camper now!



Mimi bought Beckham some new things! This new little rocker/seat is perfect for putting him in and moving him from room to room with me. She bought me the "Brest Friend" -- cheesy name, i know, but the bomb nursing aid. For all you "Boppy" users - the Brest Friend will change your life...and your back pain!



Mimi and lil b -- doesn't he look handsome! Not sure if it is the stripes or the blue that I love on him so much. But DANG he looks good!



Mom was here over her birthday ... I know ... we had here working so hard on her special day! We took her to Red Lobster for lunch. MMM.



Beckham had his first bath ... mom taught us how to maneuver with a slippery little body.



Snugglin with his Mimi

We took her to the airport this morning and I cried as soon as we got there and the whole ride home. Mom- thanks for your help, thanks for the lessons learned, but most of all thanks for the time we got to spend together. I LOVE YOU!

5 comments:

  1. Ahh! I'm so jealous! Mom really is the greatest. I love it that whenever she comes and visits us kids her gift to us is a clean house before we even wake up in the morning. It's incredible! I'm glad you had fun with her :) I can't wait til I have my baby just so that I can have her come see me for a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys do have an amazing mom. I love her!! I want to know why you look so dang awesome Lauren after just having a baby? I was a mess for a long time. You look wonderful!! And so does your little man! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren, you are just the cutest mom. I will be calling you for advise someday haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always loved that time when you get to spend some quality time with your mom and her teaching you how to be a mom. It almost makes me want to have another baby....well, maybe I will just call her. (:
    Your baby is beautiful and so are you. Youre a natural.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post! I cried like for two days before my mom left me and every day for that next week. I think I was more sad that she wouldn't be able to be around my little boy often more than anything else. Mothers are so wonderful when it comes to helping us know what to do!

    ReplyDelete